Outpatient Eating Disorder Dietitian -Part Time
- Portland, OR
- posted November 06, 2022
NW Pediatric & Family Nutrition is a nutrition private practice that specializes in helping families nourish their children mindfully and raise children to have healthy relationship with food and their bodies. Offices are located in Portland, OR. Since the pandemic we have been hybrid with one day in the office and virtual the rest. We provide client-focused medical nutrition therapy for a variety of concerns including picky eating, eating disorders, weight concerns, food sensitivities and general family nutrition. We are looking for a new team member with eating disorder experience who can support teen clients with their eating disorder recovery and intuitive eating.
• Provide evidence-informed nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy to adolescent and adult clients and their families virtual and in-person
• Maintain thorough, accurate, and timely documentation of client care
• Coordinate care with other providers as needed
• Perform relevant administrative tasks
• Create and maintain professional relationships with other providers to ensure referrals and an excellent reputation in the community
• Part time once in-network with insurances, which generally takes about 3 months, can grow to 3-4 days/week.
• This is a hybrid position with 1 day in the office and likely the rest virtual.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide Individualized nutrition consulting with clients to develop nutritional goals, including nutritional assessment at the initial visit.
• Utilize online scheduler to assist with scheduling.
• Client charting in electronic health record.
• Provide summary letters and fax to providers.
• Communicate with other care members when necessary.
• Be willing to participate in community speaking, networking or educational events.
• Attend local CEU events and webinars for continued professional growth.
• Stay up to date on CEUs in compliance with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
• Other projects and tasks as assigned
• Participate in networking opportunities
• To be able to work at our office In Portland, OR and attend team events.
• Hours will either be 24/week (15 client hours) or 32/week (20 client hours).
• Job expectation is to provide MNT to 5-6 clients/day, collaborate care with other providers, keep up with documentation in EMR, attend team meetings.
• Paid hourly based on client load; can move to salary once established patient load
• Ability to work virtually at this time
• Reasonable workload
• Flexibility in hours and time off
• Mentoring to help you grow as a dietitian
• All the perks of private practice without having to manage a business or deal with insurance billing
• Pay: commensurate with experience, bonuses and earned vacation.
Hours per week/pay:
• 10-32 (training hours ~12/Week x 4 weeks and hours based on client load going forward).
• $30-$45/hour based on experience. One will be moved to salary once built up client base.
• Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
• Licensed in the State of Oregon. (Certified Dietitian (CD) in Washington (or willing to become certified).
• Willing and able to work in our Portland or Vancouver office when we are back in-person.
• At least 1 years of post-internship experience working with eating disorders.
• Ideally 2 years working in clinical or outpatient nutrition
• Experience as an outpatient clinician strongly preferred
• Job Type: Part-time, hours and days negotiable. Anticipate a 3 or 4 day/week schedule.
The ideal candidate will...
• Have strong clinical and counseling skills
• Have a passion for helping clients in eating disorder recovery.
• Have strong initiative and problem-solving skills
• Have eagerness for ongoing learning and professional growth
• Have strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
• Have high standards of personal and professional integrity and ethics, with the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality regarding clients and practice
• Be knowledgeable and experienced in nutrition counseling approaches and modalities (i.e. motivational interviewing), intuitive eating and MNT
• Be self-motivated and self-directed
• Have an entrepreneur spirit and interest in networking
• Have a solid understanding of the philosophies of Ellyn Satter
• Be Health at Every Size (HAES) aligned
• Have experience working with eating disorders
• Have motivation in helping grow the business
• Be able to work independently
Email a CV and cover letter to Katharine Jeffcoat.