Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Newport and Lincoln City, OR
- posted January 01, 2023
Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital
*Bonus available to new employees and may require previous work experience. Employment commitment to Samaritan is required.
Please note that this position will be a dual site position with our North Lincoln Hospital!
- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Performs nutrition assessments, creates nutrition therapy plans and provides nutrition education for individuals and/or groups.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Nutritional Services teams at Samaritan Health Services provide a variety of services including all food service for patients and employees as well as medical nutrition therapy specially designed to meet individual patient needs. Our range of service not only includes direct patient care but educational programs such as classes and one-on-one counseling. We also facilitate all meal service within Samaritan for both employees and patients which includes options such as cafeteria service, catering, espresso and providing nutritional supplies and equipment for departments.
- Graduate of accredited dietetic program in university or college, with completion of accredited dietetic internship required.
- Current unencumbered Oregon Dietetic Licensure / Registered Dietitian through the CDR or RD eligible. If RD eligible, must obtain Registered Dietitian and Oregon Dietitian License within 6 months from date of hire.
- Two (2) years recent experience as clinical dietitian and outpatient counseling dietitian in a hospital preferred.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy - Possess the skills and knowledge needed to assess patients for nutritional diagnoses and provide appropriate nutritional interventions. Thorough understanding of diets, medical nutritional supplements, and enteral and parenteral feeding. Ability to recognize relevant symptoms, understand allergies, food-drug interactions, and employ nutritional interventions and education for preventive health-care measures. Ability to provide research based nutritional counseling and guidance.
- Communication - Effective written and oral communication skills to explain complex issues, exchange information between team members, patients and community members, and tactfully discuss issues. Ability to perform group presentations and listen to and understand complex information and ideas.
- Nutritionally Relevant Medical Knowledge & Documentation - Knowledge of medical records, procedures and terminology and research based nutritional guidelines and recommendations. Ability to read, interpret, and apply research based information and follow policies, procedures, laws, and regulations. Thorough understanding of and ability to complete all required documentation of clinical interactions with patients.
- Problem Solving - Ability to identify complex problems, review related information, employ creativity and alternative thinking to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management - Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Interdisciplinary Care - Ability to work, function and communicate on a multi-disciplinary team. Possess the knowledge and skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.