- Our Mission and Vision
- Oregon Academy Delegate Info
- Promoting the Value of the RD
- Media Contacts
- Contact Us
Dietitians in Health Care Communities
We are a group of Registered Dietitians, Diet Technicians, and other Food and Nutrition professionals who provide consultation in senior health and housing communities. Our group has seasoned dietitians and new RDs to the area and to the profession.
We have meetings twice a year. Anyone is welcome to join and/or attend our meetings.
The meetings consist of half-day trainings with speakers ranging from physicians, dietitians, and health care and industry professionals. The topics are focused on the older adult/geriatric resident, as this is our target population. The meetings are an excellent way to network. RDs are very willing to share their expertise and experience with the group.
Info on past meetings:
Presenters at past meetings have included:
• Dave Martin, Coordinator, Food borne Illness Prevention Program, Oregon Health Authority, who discussed changes to the Food Sanitation Code;
• Nancy Turpin, RN, MSN, CWS, FACCWS, Clinical Specialist for Skin and Wound, who discussed Wound Identification & Staging and Intervention;
• Elizabeth Emery MS, RD, CNSC, LDN, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing and Health Sciences La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA. and author of Clinical Case Studies for the Nutrition Care Process, who discussed the Nutrition Care Process and presented via video webinar.
If you are interested in receiving a flyer about our next meeting, please call or email me at 503-701-7907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View all events >
Post a job listings